A Blog of All Things Science Fiction and Fantasy

Monday, July 11, 2011

Iriver E-Reader

I thank CNET for providing the information
     A new E-reader will be hitting Target stores July 19th at $139.99. The most notable thing about the Iriver E-reader is the fact that it will sport the highest resolution E-reader so far. This high resolution means crisper text and just an overall clearer reading experience.

   The Iriver will be using the Google E-book store as its primary store and will support EPUB format

   I personally do not think this will be a good E-Reader because the Nook and Kindle are the same price and have better Ebook stores.What does everyone else think?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you plus their website offers little information about its specs,features and hardware I think I'm better off with the nook simple ereader..what ereader do you like/own?why? and any other thoughts about ereaders? :D

CameronHarris1 said...

I have the newest generation of the Kindle. I personally really enjoy it because of the highlighting features and I have found some great authors because of low ebook prices. The only issue that I have with E-readers is the fact that Ebooks should not be as expensive as they are since shipping and production are cut out of the picture.

CameronHarris1 said...

Soon I will do a detailed review of the my kindle. What are your thoughts on your Nook?

Unknown said...

well..to be honest I still prefer real books..no ereader yet though I'm quite torn with my decision whether should I buy the nook color or the simple one (I just thought I'm better off with the simple nook) but I guess I'm way over thinking haha! any advice?

Yes ebooks are suppose to be cheaper or maybe it still depends on the type of book & the author?

CameronHarris1 said...

Ha I would without a doubt go with the simple nook. I have tried to read on my Ipad, but there are simply to many distractions. Barnes and Nobles recently came out with a new nook if you have not seen it. Heres a link to CNET's review

http://reviews.cnet.com/e-book-readers/barnes-noble-nook-touch/4505-3508_7-34748399.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;3r#reviewPage1

Alot of new authors have there books priced cheaply, but established author's books are priced higher because they know they can get away with it.

Unknown said...

Thanks I thought so too haha! you're absolutely right ^_^

Post a Comment